AmeriCorps is a unique opportunity to serve your community, earn money for college and develop a lifetime ethic of service. Corps Members gain skills that empower them to address critical needs in the community. If you want to make a difference for the youth of Baton Rouge while earning an educational award, consider joining AmeriCorps.
AmeriCorps Members complete 300 hours of service.
Terms of Service:
AmeriCorps Member Requirements & Benefits:
- Must be at least 17 years old
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Attend mandatory pre-service orientation
- Available Monday – Friday from 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm (School Year)
- Available Monday - Friday from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm (Summer)
- Complete 300 hours of service
- Total stipend: $2,700
- Educational award: $1,212.44 after completing term of service
To apply you must use the national AmeriCorps application process which can be access via the AmeriCorps portal. Apply for AmeriCorps here.
For questions, please contact Takara Abuwi, AmeriCorps Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supported by a grant from the Volunteer Louisiana Commission in the Office of the Lieutenant Governor Billy Nungesser.